Test equipment MTR3. Microindentation and scratch tester
The MTR3 is an equipment designed for characterizing the surface mechanical properties of thin films, substrate influence, and coatings and so on.
Both micro indentations and scratch tests, MTR3 test equipment has the chance of controlling under different target’s variables (vertical force, displacement) by means of a servo controlled PID (proportional – integral – derivative)
Specific software ScratchTest includes a complet set of features for setting up properly test equipment MTR3 before and after performing the tests.
Test equipment MTR3 could be completed with some optional elements such as image system, acoustic emission measurement or different force transducer capacities, as well as any indenter tip shape; either standard or not.
At micro indentation test, the test equipment applies a progressive force in a specific point, relieving that after a while. At scratch test, that force, is produced together with a horizontal displacement before discharging any force.
General features test equipment MT3
- Dual possibility micro indentator – scratch tester.
- Double axis force transducer (30N, 50N or 200N range).
- Different indentator’s shape: Berkovich, Vickers, Rockwell, etc.
- High variety of specimen’s shape and dimensions susceptibly to be tested.
- Valid for different materials (plastics, metals, ceramics, etc).
- High accurate point selection and post view inspection, thanks to optical microscope.
- ISO, UNE and ASTM standarized.
- Acoustic emission, depth measure, drag force, pictures catching.
- Versatile and powerful test sequence configurator. Automate your own sequences!
Download Catalog MTR3 Series Micro Indentation and Scratch Testers
TriboTester testing software for tribological testing.
Do you need more information about MTR3 SERIES testing machines?
Contact us to request more information about this testing machine