SCM3000 Digital Controller for Static Materials Testing
MICROTEST SCM3000 electronics provides full digital servo control, machine safety, transducer conditioning and data acquisition to conduct static (tensile, compression, flexural/bend, shear, friction, tear, peel, adhesion etc.) and low frequency cyclic (quasi-static loading rates) tests on a wide variety of materials and components.
SCM3000 controller acts as the interface between the testing software/touchscreen operator panel and the testing machine.
Featuring a modular design and structure, the SCM3000 digital controller can be fully customized to meet individual testing requirements.
SCM3000 control system has digital input/output lines connected with the testing machine and motor driver, covering the rest of the control and security functions of the control system.
Features SCM3000 Digital Controller
- Self-identification capability for automatic detection, scaling and calibration of load cells or other compatible transducers to prevent configuration errors and simplify setup.
- Overload protection to avoid or minimize damage of load cell, specimen and fixtures during test setup and end of test.
- Control mode: load, crosshead displacement (stroke) and strain (deformation).
- Control loop update rate: 1000 Hz.
- Data sampling rate (internal): 400 kHz providing high speed and real time synchronization of test data for all of the input (measurement) channels, including load, crosshead position (stroke), strain1, strain2, etc.
- Resolution of data acquisition: up to 24 bits.
- High rate data acquisition at the PC: user selectable data acquisition rate of 500 Hz (standard) or 2000 Hz (optional, which can also be increased up to 50 kHz or even higher upon request) per channel simultaneous on load, crosshead position (displacement), strain1 and strain 2 channels.
- Standard input channels: load and crosshead displacement (stroke).
- 2 strain input channels, expandable up to 8 (or even more) using a channel Expansion Module (optional).
- Sensor conditioner cards for additional transducers through LVDT or other types of transducers (optional).
- Analog outputs for LVDT signal, strain and load channels (optional).
- Digital I/O (optional).
Download Catalog SCM3000 Closed-Loop Servo Controller for Static Testing.
SCM3000 testing software for static testing.
Do you need more information?
Contact us to request more information about SCM3000 controller