High temperature resistance furnace
Microtest HT-ST single and three zone resistance furnace designed and developed for high temperature materials and components testing up to 1200 °C.
The standard application for high temperature tests includes a 3-zone (also 1-zone upon request) vertical tubular split furnace for a temperature range from typically 200 °C (or even lower) to 1200 °C (can be increase up to 1800 °C) with a state-of-the-art Eurotherm 2604 or 2704 digital programmable temperature controller.
Stainless furnace cover and asbestos-free insulation material (bio-soluble fibre).
Power requirement: single phase, 230 VAC, 50 Hz (other voltages under request).
- Min./Max. temperature: 200 ºC (or even lower) / 1200 ºC (also 1000 ºC, 1100 ºC or 1800 ºC upon request) on the sample.
- Power requirement: single phase, 230 VAC, 50 Hz (other voltages under request).
- Every zone in the furnace has its own heater that can be controlled through a type K (or R, J or S) thermocouple and a sample thermocouple type K or S (total of 3 thermocouples at the specimen) in a dual loop process (typically cascade control) with standard color coded connectors and cables. This configuration leads to a high temperature homogeneity on the sample and stability (better than ±2 °C, typically ±1 ºC for both cases) and a precise temperature long term control, without overshooting. The uniform temperature zone (better than ±2 °C, typically ±1 ºC) is at the middle of the furnace and at least 100 mm.
- Another set of three thermocouples is used to protect the furnace from accidental overheating (limiting over temperature control). The system includes additional individual controllers for these limiters, with a first limit to set the power down to zero for the corresponding zone and a second one to stop the whole system for security.
- The 2604 or 2704 Eurotherm controller Integrate a sophisticated PID Control-Algorithm for a precise Temperature along specimen and to prevent temperature overshooting. Each zone is individually adjustable for power to attain temperature uniformity on the specimen length. Temperature control setting can be from 200 °C (or even lower) to 1200 °C (orb4 other values upon request). Thermocouple break protection is available. Cold junction compensation - Automatic (internal) and 45 and 50 °C (external user selectable).
- For each zone, the power is driven by Eurotherm Thyristors. The control unit system includes fuse holders and fuses and furnace over temperature shutdown relay and contactors.
- The controller can operate in a stand-alone mode (including digital display of set and process temperature values) or be operated by PC. The MICROTEST SCM3000 software allows this operation including displaying and recording of temperatures as test data.
Download Catalog HT-ST 1200 Series.
Do you need more information about HT-ST SERIES testing machines?
Contact us to request more information